Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] access rights ?

2010-11-12 05:54:42
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] access rights ?
From: "Timo Neuvonen" <timo-news AT tee-en DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 12:50:54 +0200
"Markus Goldberg" <goldberg AT uni-hildesheim DOT de> kirjoitti viestissä
news:30197411.post AT talk.nabble DOT com...

> Hi,
> using bat on a bacula-client (win7-32bit), i was able to see and restore
> data of another client (using version-browser).
> This should not happen.
> In my opinion clients should see and restore only their own data.
> Do i have misconfigured/misunderstood something on the server ?
>
> bacula 5.0.3, server ubuntu 10.04

I don't know about bat, but at least when using bconsole the operator needs
to have administrator (full) rights, and thus can access any data backed up
using the director in question. Since the backup can be restored to another
client too, the per-client restriction would conflict with this principle.

--
TiN