Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] access rights ?

2010-11-13 22:03:46
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] access rights ?
From: Kleber Leal <kleber.leal AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2010 00:00:08 -0300

2010/11/13 Dan Langille <dan AT langille DOT org>
On 11/12/2010 4:05 AM, Markus Goldberg wrote:

> Hi,
> using bat on a bacula-client (win7-32bit), i was able to see and restore
> data of another client (using version-browser).
> This should not happen.
> In my opinion clients should see and restore only their own data.

Well, many people differ in that opinion. The ability to restore to a
different client is very useful to many people.   However, it seems your
use case differs.

It´s true. You will need this when a host die.
You can restrict this on a particular console. You can do more: restrict commands and clients to a console running on a host.

> Do i have misconfigured/misunderstood something on the server?

No, it is performing as designed.

Does this help?

  http://www.adsm.org/lists/html/Bacula-users/2008-06/msg00338.html

I was searching for 'bacula acl'.