Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Using 2 different directories to backp

2010-10-31 21:07:05
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Using 2 different directories to backp
From: Phil Stracchino <alaric AT metrocast DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2010 21:04:49 -0400
On 10/31/10 17:25, eliassal wrote:
> I recently managed to setup acula version 5.0.2 on FC13, . It is
> working and managed to backup files. I understood that
> jobs/pool/fileset/volume are related in order to physically separate
> 2 distinct types of backups. I created a volume on a 2nd hard drive,
> a pool, a job and ran the job, the backup went to the same directory
> "/backup".
>
> I went through the officiual doc but can not figure out how to do
> it.

I'm not quite clear what it is that you're trying to do.

Are you saying you want to have two separate pools in separate
directories on disk?  If that's the case, you'll need to have two
separate disk storage devices defined, and associate each pool with only
one device by assigning them different media types.

For instance:

Storage {
  Name = DiskStore
  [...]
}

Device {
  Name = FileStorage1
  Device Type = File
  Media Type = File1
  Archive Device = /backup/pool1
  [...]
}

Device {
  Name = FileStorage2
  Device Type = File
  Media Type = File2
  Archive Device = /backup/pool2
  [...]
}

and

Pool {
  Name = DiskPool1
  Storage = DiskStore
  Pool Type = Backup
# create only volumes of MediaType File1 in this pool
}

Pool {
  Name = DiskPool2
  Storage = DiskStore
  Pool Type = Backup
# create only volumes of MediaType File2 in this pool
}

co.ordinate DOT org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.