Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Cannot build bacula-client 5.0.3 on FreeBSD 7.3

2010-10-26 08:28:54
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Cannot build bacula-client 5.0.3 on FreeBSD 7.3
From: Martin Simmons <martin AT lispworks DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 13:26:46 +0100

> Where can bacula-5.0.3-libz.patch be downloaded from?  Is there a bug report
> for what it fixes?  I searched for both without success (the attachment was
> scrubbed from Martin Simmons post as it appeared on Backup Central).

This archive has the attachment:

http://www.adsm.org/lists/html/Bacula-users/2010-09/msg00118.html

> Alternatively, there's what looks like the same bug at
> http://bugs.bacula.org/view.php?id=1622 which is reported for Fedora 13 as
> cased by a change in DSO-Linking defaults and probably "required for most
> distributions in the future".  The 5.0.3 patch with it
> (http://bugs.bacula.org/file_download.php?file_id=1316&type=bug) simply adds
> -lz to Makefile linker lines.  That sounds less risky than
> bacula-5.0.3-libz.patch with its unreviewed/untested (?) code modifications.

Yes, 1622 is the same bug but the patch is slightly wrong (it should be using
@ZLIBS@ rather than -lz).

My bacula-5.0.3-libz.patch worked in the situation where it was written
(FreeBSD 8.0 with --disable-libtool).

__Martin