Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

2010-10-21 17:40:48
Subject: [Bacula-users] PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
From: newtobacula <bacula-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 14:28:26 -0400
Hi Guys,
After weeks of struggle with setting up bacula I feel completely lost and need
help. I am setting up Bacula on a Centos server, the idea is to have different
clients (windows/linux) setup and backup different data on tapes. So far I have
managed to:

- Setup bacula server and client
- get bacula to write to tape (from the local machine)
- label volumes (I have 7 tapes and I am labelling via barcodes)

The problems I am having are:

- I am unable to schedule backups from various clients on to tapes
- Once a tape gets filled I get prompted to "lable or mount a new volume" but
neither label nor mount work when I issue the command :(

I use the default pool for all the tapes. I just want data to be written to
tapes every day and when a tape gets full I want bacula to pick the next tape
and write to it. Nothing fancy just normal data being written to tapes. I can
later consider using a tape/day but for now I just want this to work at a very
basic level.

I am happy to provide my dir conf if someone would be kind enough to go through
it and advise on what I should change.

Any help would be appreciated

Many thanks  :(