Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Upgraded bacula - now I have zero volumes

2010-06-29 04:28:13
Subject: [Bacula-users] Upgraded bacula - now I have zero volumes
From: vmos <bacula-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 04:21:43 -0400
Hi there, I was forced to to an upgrade of debian etch to lenny, this upgraded
my bacula and it attempted an automatic upgrade of the database.
The upgrade failed (I think due to disk space problems) so the database was
wrecked.
I restored the database from yesterdays mysql dump but couldn't get bacula
started.
I found this link
http://blog.mansonthomas.com/2010/05/bacula-upgrade-while-updating-ubuntu-to.html
 it has a script to upgrade the database from v10 to v11 but in the bacula log
i found a message saying "expected v10 got v9" so I figured that script
wouldn't go.

Now this sever was built at the beginning of april 2008 so I figured that the
old version of bacula was probably 2.2.8 so I downloaded and compiled that. Now
I can get to the console but when I do a list, I can see all the pools but they
have zero volumes so I can't do a restore.
There's quite a lot of them so starting from scratch isn't really an option.

Also, at some point it stopped logging so I can't get anything from that

any suggestions?