Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Network error reading from FD

2010-06-17 20:46:08
Subject: [Bacula-users] Network error reading from FD
From: Derek Harkness <dharknes AT umich DOT edu>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 20:43:28 -0400
I'm getting the following error between one of my clients and the storage
server.  All my other clients have been able to backup just fine to this
storage device but this one client always returns the Connection reset by peer.

I've adjusted the heartbeat and the keepalive setting on the client .  The
client and storage are on the same ethernet switch so no routers, firewalls, or
other network devices.

Client config:
FileDaemon {                          # this is me
  Name = snowwhite-fd
  FDport = 9102                  # where we listen for the director
  WorkingDirectory = /var/lib/bacula
  Pid Directory = /var/run/bacula
  Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 20
  Heartbeat Interval = 5
  FDAddress = 192.168.1.2
}

Storage Server config:
Storage {                             # definition of myself
  Name = pinocchio-sd
  SDPort = 9103                  # Director's port
  WorkingDirectory = "/var/lib/bacula"
  Pid Directory = "/var/run/bacula"
  Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 50
  SDAddress = 192.168.1.7
  Heartbeat Interval = 60
}

Director config
Director {                            # define myself
  Name = pin2-dir
  DIRport = 9101                # where we listen for UA connections
  QueryFile = "/etc/bacula/scripts/query.sql"
  WorkingDirectory = "/var/lib/bacula"
  PidDirectory = "/var/run/bacula"
  Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 100
  Password = "*********"        # Console password
  Messages = Daemon
  TLS Authenticate = no
  Heartbeat Interval = 15
}

17-Jun 17:19 pinocchio-sd JobId 1277: Fatal error: append.c:242 Network error
reading from FD. ERR=Connection reset by peer
17-Jun 17:19 pinocchio-sd JobId 1277: Job write elapsed time = 34:54:45,
Transfer rate = 6.019 M Bytes/second
17-Jun 17:19 pin2-dir JobId 1277: Fatal error: Network error with FD during
Backup: ERR=Connection reset by peer
17-Jun 17:19 pin2-dir JobId 1277: Fatal error: No Job status returned from FD.

Thanks for the help,
Derek