Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] 11TB backup run out of memory and dies

2010-06-17 12:32:56
Subject: [Bacula-users] 11TB backup run out of memory and dies
From: ekke85 <bacula-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 12:29:27 -0400
Hi

This is more for the record then anything else. I manage to sort this out by
the looks of things.
First off I thought it must be something with the server so I replaced the
server with an IBM xSiers 346 which has 2 quad core cpu's(Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU
2.80GHz) and 8GB of RAM. Installed Bacula 5.0.2 and kicked off a backup. Yet
again after about 4 hours it ram out of memory and started killing off services.
Then I found something about batch processing that Bacula does and this takes
up a lot of memory trough mysql. I recompiled it and disabled batch processing
with(--disable-batch-insert). It has now been backingup for 13 hours with no
problem.
It is a bit slow(23mb/sec), but that is something ill look into later, or if
someone has any suggestion please send them.

Thanks for all your help guys!

ekke85