Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Copy Jobs

2010-06-15 03:36:48
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Copy Jobs
From: C.Keschnat AT internet-mit-iQ DOT de
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 09:33:55 +0200

>Hello, I am able to perform a copy job to tape, but I am unable to find any
>information on how to restore this data.  Bacula's documentation talks more
>about migration than copy.  I didn't want to migrate the data, I wanted to copy
>so I have it.  Is there any detailed information on restoring copy jobs?
> Thanks!
>
>Brent

Hi,
there is a section about copy jobs here http://www.bacula.org/en/dev-manual/main/main/New_Features_in_3_0_0.html#SECTION00820000000000000000

To restore from copies, you need to either restore directly with the copy jobs jobid or purge the original jobs. The copy then gets promoted to a real backup from which you can restore. Note that in the link above it states "If Bacula finds a Copy of a job record that is purged (deleted) from the catalog, it will promote the Copy to a real backup job and will make it available for automatic restore". I don't know if "deleted" means "delete" in bconsole. If so, that does not work (at least not when deleting pool records and hence job records) so be sure to use purge.