Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Upgrade to 5.02 fails with some sort of database error

2010-06-11 00:36:02
Subject: [Bacula-users] Upgrade to 5.02 fails with some sort of database error
From: Marc Chamberlin <marc AT marcchamberlin DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 21:32:07 -0700
I just downloaded and installed the following RPMs for Version 5.02 (upgrading from 5.01) on SuSE11.2 -

bacula-mysql-5.0.2-1.su112.x86_64.rpm
bacula-libs-5.0.2-1.su112.x86_64.rpm
bacula-bat-5.0.2-1.su112.x86_64.rpm

I removed the previous version of Bacula and the installation went fine. I simply reused my conf files from version 5.01. (couldn't see anything different in the example conf files so I figured nothing much has changed...) Tried to restart the bacula daemons and I get the following error -

10-Jun 20:01 bacula-dir JobId 0: Fatal error: Could not open Catalog "MyCatalog", database "bacula".
10-Jun 20:01 bacula-dir JobId 0: Fatal error: sqlite.c:178 Database /var/lib/bacula/bacula.db does not exist, please create it.

I checked mysql and the database looks fine. I double check the Catalog specification for bacula-dir.conf between the example that came with the RPM files and mine, nothing has changed in the format, I have not changed anything in mysql and as I said I am using what worked in 5.01. I agree that I do not have a file - /var/lib/bacula/bacula.db but I don't think I ever did. Is this something new? Do I have to blow away all the database information in mysql and recreate the tables? (Hope not, that would be rather user unfriendly and I would lose a lot of backup information!)

Appreciate any help and thanks in advance...

   Marc...