Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] In-changer info wrong for 1 tape.

2010-06-09 10:06:44
Subject: [Bacula-users] In-changer info wrong for 1 tape.
From: Norberto Meijome <numardbsd AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 00:04:39 +1000
Hi there,
I'm using bacula 5.0.1 under Centos 5.4 64 bit with a tape library( 3 drives, 133 slots) It's been working great , non stop. I just noticed 1 small item:

We sent a bunch of tapes offsite. After taking them out of the robot,I issued an update slots command, selected the robot device, it did its thing, it reported the right info...except for 1 of the 5 tapes sent offsite, which , in "show volumes pool=xyz" the slot number and 'inchanger = 1".
* all the other tapes sent offsite show as slot=0, inchanger 0
* the info from update slots did NOT include this confused tape
* the tape is DEFINITELY not in the robot, confirmed via mtx , and confirmed it is checked into offsite facility...

Is there some other test I should run to debug this ?

Cheers,
{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

"I detest people who take short­cuts rather than do things right, because they leave shit for the rest of us to clean up."
   PHK