Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] postgres tuning?

2010-06-07 16:06:53
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] postgres tuning?
From: Stephen Thompson <stephen AT seismo.berkeley DOT edu>
To: Julien <jcigar AT ulb.ac DOT be>
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2010 13:04:48 -0700
On 06/07/2010 12:17 PM, Julien wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-06-07 at 18:24 +0200, Florian Heigl wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>>> Within psql/mysql:
>>> 1) select count(*) from File;                    1sec    30min
>>

> Is your MySQL database in the MyISAM format ? If yes, then it's
> perfectly normal.

Yes.
So it sounds like the row count is a red herring in saying there's a
performance problem with postgres.  I'll try to ignore that result then
and concentrate on the queries like the one that produces the "jobs run"
in the bat console.  That and the "version browser" are where I'm seeing
my worst results.

--
Stephen Thompson               Berkeley Seismological Laboratory
stephen AT seismo.berkeley DOT edu    215 McCone Hall # 4760