Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Maximum Concurrent Jobs

2010-06-04 10:19:44
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Maximum Concurrent Jobs
From: Derek Harkness <dharknes AT umich DOT edu>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2010 10:17:03 -0400
I run into a similar problem and here's what I did.

1) Make sure your autochanger entry has all the drives list in the Device line.

Device = Drive-1, Drive-2, ...

2) In the Storage entry in bacula-dir.conf.  Make sure you have a Maximum
Concurrent Jobs entry, 20 seems like a good number.

Storage {
        Name = Autotape
        Device = AutoChanger
        Autochanger = yes
        Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 20
}

3) If you have the disk space I would also recommend data spooling.  It really
does make a difference in backup speed.

Derek