Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Maximum Concurrent Jobs

2010-06-04 08:47:34
Subject: [Bacula-users] Maximum Concurrent Jobs
From: ekke85 <bacula-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2010 08:45:28 -0400
Hi

I have a tape library with 5 drives and 136 slots. The Autochanger seems to be
working fine as I can change tapes and label barcodes and even do backups \o/.
The problem come in with running more then one backup at the same time. I have
set "Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 20" in the dir, sd and fd config files, but
still it only runs one job at a time. Does anyone know what i am doing wrong?
The other thing that i struggle with is the speed it is writing with, at the
moment it does about 28.9gb / 20 min. I think this is very slow as I do need to
backup 11TB. is there a way i can split the backup to use all 5 drives to write
the backup to tapes? or what should i check to try and make the backup run
faster?
Any help will be much appreciated.

ekke85