Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] bscan-recovered catalogue not usable :-(

2010-06-03 17:10:56
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] bscan-recovered catalogue not usable :-(
From: Martin Simmons <martin AT lispworks DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2010 22:09:05 +0100

> I would like to continue to use this volume for backups, as it is well under
> the 5 GB maximum volume bytes set in the pool definition.  Is this an
> unrealistic expectation for a bscan-recovered catalogue, or is there some
> simple way to get this volume recognised as appendable again?  (Is the
> expectation after bscan to start with a new volume?)

No, bscan doesn't set VolBytes accurately.  You could try to modify the value
using an SQL command.

> Is Bacula expected to act gracefully in the face of the loss/corruption of
> the catalogue?

Yes, but the recommended way to recover it is from a catalog backup.  That
doesn't help much for Sqlite -> PostgreSQL migration though, unless you can
mungle the Sqlite dump to match what PostgreSQL needs.

__Martin