Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Sqlite3 to PostgreSQL 8.4 catalogue migration

2010-05-28 14:12:02
Subject: [Bacula-users] Sqlite3 to PostgreSQL 8.4 catalogue migration
From: Paul Mather <paul AT gromit.dlib.vt DOT edu>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 28 May 2010 14:09:49 -0400
Does anyone have a working script to migrate a Sqlite3 catalogue database to
PostgreSQL 8.4.4?

I'm using a very recent FreeBSD 8-STABLE and the sqlite2pgsql script in the
examples/database directory of the source code doesn't work for me.  Has anyone
got this to work successfully under a current Bacula installation on FreeBSD?

I'm using these versions of the ports:

bacula-server-5.0.0
postgresql-client-8.4.4
postgresql-server-8.4.4
sqlite3-3.6.23.1_1

My current Bacula server is backing up to disk and, being a relatively recent
install, none of the volumes have been recycled.  So, as a way of getting a
working PostgreSQL catalogue in lieu of a non-working sqlite2pgsql script, I
thought I would run bscan -s to recover catalogue information from the volumes
(having first run create_postgresql_database, make_postgresql_tables, and
grant_postgresql_privileges).  Will this recreate the catalogue entirely, or
will I be missing something other than log data?

Cheers,

Paul.