Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Media in Error status

2010-05-24 15:01:46
Subject: [Bacula-users] Media in Error status
From: Lampzy <lampzy AT gmail DOT com>
To: Bacula Users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 11:59:29 -0700
Hi,

The storage daemon crashed last night and restarting it seemed to put
things back to normal (I'm still looking into the cause of the crash).
The first backup job that ran after the crash marked the tape in Error:

====
24-May 10:10 server.domain.com-sd JobId 195: Volume "CSE003L4"
previously written, moving to end of data.
24-May 10:11 server.domain.com-sd JobId 195: Error: Bacula cannot write
on tape Volume "CSE003L4" because:
The number of files mismatch! Volume=113 Catalog=112
24-May 10:11 server.domain.com-sd JobId 195: Marking Volume "CSE003L4"
in Error in Catalog.
====

So, now I have this tape that is in Error state and is 10% full. I was
able to successfully restore from it so the data is accessible and I'm
going to keep the tape.

I'm wondering:
   - If a media is marked Error then will voluseduration and
volretention policy apply?

   - Should I expect that this media at some point will be purged based
on the retention policy and reused just like any other media?

   - Is there anything extra I need to do to deal with the Error state?

====
*llist media=CSE003L4
           mediaid: 3
        volumename: CSE003L4