Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] bscanning accidently destroyed volumes

2010-05-18 10:36:21
Subject: [Bacula-users] bscanning accidently destroyed volumes
From: Christoph Litauer <litauer AT uni-koblenz DOT de>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 16:34:15 +0200
Dear bacula users,

accidently I destroyed all of my file-volumes (partitioned the wrong disk,
sigh) containing the backups of the last 6 weeks. Older backups have already
been migrated to tape.
By a fluke I still had 2 weeks old copies of these file-volumes on another
disk. I want to import these file volumes to my running catalogue.
At first I deleted the volumes in my catalogue. Now I want to use bscan to
import the volumes, but how?
I created a bsr-file containing 442 lines like

Volume = File-0005
Volume = File-0006

(I should mention that my backups span more than one volume).

What I wonder about: How does bacula know in what order the file volumes have
to be imported in case of a volume spanning backup? Or: How do I know how to
sort the volume names in the bsr file?
Then: Updating the (file-)autochanger content, bconsole reported
Volume "File-0005" not found in catalog. Slot=5 InChanger set to zero.
So all my "to be imported" volumes are not registered to be "inChanger". So
bscan aborts after reading the first volume because it cannot automatically
load the next volume ...

I think I read all the manuals but I'm still lost. Any help would be
appreciated. Thanks in advance!

--
Kind regards
Christoph