Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Problem with Volumes

2010-05-17 21:48:19
Subject: [Bacula-users] Problem with Volumes
From: Daniel beas <beasdaniel AT hotmail DOT com>
To: <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 01:45:25 +0000

Hi to all,
My name is Daniel Beas, i'm from Guadalajara Mexico and i'm new at this list.

I have implemented a bacula server and am making backups in files (i don't have a tape drive). I have a volume for each client and i need to take out all the files every 2 weeks and then label a new volume to backup.
Bacula is running an Incremental backup every day and a full backup once a week on weekend.
Trying to do this i defined in the pool resource MaximumVolumeJobs = 12. Some days before of 12th day, i do label a new volume for the Pool and then, after de 12th Job i get the message "cannot find appendable Volumes for pool-x" and then it marks the volume as Error in catalog, so it is not ok for a recover.
How can i do to avoid volume be marked with Error in catalog?
this is an exampe of my pool definition
Pool {
   Name = "pdis2"
   Pool Type = Backup
   Recycle = yes
   AutoPrune = yes
   Volume Retention = 365 days
   MaximumVolumeJobs = 15
}

I'm running Bacula 3.0.3 on Fedora core 8
most of bacula-fd are windows XP sp2

Thanks in advance, I hope you can help me the way i would like can to help somebody in the future.

Have a nice Day

Daniel Beas Enriquez

¿Te falta espacio para tus correos? Enciende tu hotness con Hotmail