Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Backups on Nas

2010-05-14 04:49:09
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Backups on Nas
From: Gavin McCullagh <gavin.mccullagh AT gcd DOT ie>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 09:46:37 +0100
Hi,

On Thu, 13 May 2010, mario parreño wrote:

> But I prefer not mounting a unit, I prefer  acceding to the nas directly,
>  because I have many folders of different accounts in the nas
> and then I will have that to mount in Debian so many folders since has in the
> nas.

Bacula's backups (as far as I'm aware), always run between the bacula file
daemon (client) and a bacula (storage daemon).  Restores do the reverse.
If you can't install the bacula file daemon on the machine you wish to
back up, you'll need to install it on another computer which mounts the
share you want backed up.

A cursory glance at the ReadyNAS 1100 suggests it runs Linux which means
you may be able to install the bacula file daemon on it.  This page in the
ReadyNas community suggests that work may already be happening to do that.

http://www.readynas.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=34844

These guys seem to have managed to install a bacula-sd on a readynas:

http://www.scriptbits.net/2009/07/review-readynas-1100-nas-appliance/

Gavin