Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Questions about using bacula with a d2d device

2010-05-14 02:17:24
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Questions about using bacula with a d2d device
From: Radosław Korzeniewski <radoslaw AT korzeniewski DOT net>
To: Sean Carolan <scarolan AT gmail DOT com>, bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 08:08:16 +0200
2010/5/11 Sean Carolan <scarolan AT gmail DOT com>
1.  Suppose I have to pull an older physical tape from storage and do
a restore from it.  Assume that bacula has already recycled the
virtual tape that this physical tape was copied from.  If I copy the
physical tape back onto a different virtual slot, will Bacula be able
to read the label and do a restore from it?

Yes, you have to read about bacula utility commands: bextract, bls, bscan, bcopy.

2.  Is there a way to have Bacula always start full backups on a new
volume, instead of appending?  I want the incremental jobs to append
to this volume after the full backup job is done.  Basically I'm
trying to avoid splitting a full backup across two tapes, while
keeping the incremental backup files together with the full backup.

Yes, first of all you have set up different pools for full and incremental backups. For full backup pool you have to set up "Use Volume _Once_ =  yes" parameter. Then volume will be marked as used instead of full/append. Next full backup will use next available volume.

--
Radosław Korzeniewski
radoslaw AT korzeniewski DOT net