Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] bacula 5.0.2 sd bind to 0.0.0.0 and respond only to localhost

2010-05-12 10:48:45
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] bacula 5.0.2 sd bind to 0.0.0.0 and respond only to localhost
From: Sean M Clark <smclark AT tamu DOT edu>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 09:45:54 -0500
On 2010May12 2:42 AM, frank cheong wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I have just finished setting up bacula 5.0.2 and have no problem in
> backing up local host, while it complained the following error when I
> add a second client :-
>
> Fatal error: Failed to connect to Storage daemon: server:9103 12-May
> 12:41 server-dir JobId 17: Fatal error: Bad response to Storage
> command: wanted 2000 OK storage , got 2902 Bad storage
[...]
Actually, you may want to check out the CLIENT here.  I've gotten this
error numerous times, and so far (in my case at least) the problem has
always turned out to be a firewall on the CLIENT blocking the bacula-fd
daemon from making OUTGOING connections to the storage daemon.

(For me, this is especially a problem on Mac OSX boxes, which lately
appear to have at least *3* different firewall configurations that you
may have to check - ipfw, socketfilterfw, and the "application firewall"
that as far as I can tell is only accessible from the dang Mac OSX GUI.
 The socketfilterfw one is the one that most often
causes problems on the Macs I have to deal with.  On Windows or Linux
clients you might have similar issues with firewalls blocking outgoing
connections from bacula-fd, though I've only had e.g. Symantec blocking
Windows boxes a few times, and so far haven't run into an issue with
Linux clients.)