Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] [Bulk] Re: Windows registry restore possible?

2010-05-07 11:11:16
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] [Bulk] Re: Windows registry restore possible?
From: Foo <bfoo33 AT yahoo.co DOT uk>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 07 May 2010 17:08:23 +0200
On Thu, 29 Apr 2010 06:49:06 +0200, Craig Ringer
<craig AT postnewspapers.com DOT au> wrote:

> Win7 and win2k8 offer an excellent built-in image backup system that
> makes proper use of VSS to get a consistent copy,

We have some W2K8 servers running here but not backing them up yet (just
upgraded Bacula from 2.4.3 to 3.0.3, clients still on 2.4.4) so no
experience with them in that respect.

Under W2K3 I use ntbackup to back up the registry, on W2K8 I played around
with wbadmin but can't get it to do the same as this:

ClientRunBeforeJob = "if [%l]==[Full] (ntbackup backup systemstate /F
c:\\systemstate.bkf)"
ClientRunAfterJob = "del c:\\systemstate.bkf"
ClientRunAfterJob = "del \"c:\\Documents and Settings\\Default User\\Local
Settings\\Application Data\\Microsoft\\Windows
NT\\NTBackup\\data\\backup*.log\""

Are you also talking about wbadmin and if so what am I missing?

Issues with wbadmin I have are:

1) on the command line I tried to make it back up to a local device which
it refuses so I need to specify a share on another machine, then copy back
the backup before letting Bacula at it

2) thinking I may need to define a schedule first (so it does not include
local drives and therefore can back up to a local drive which is now not
included in the backup), in the GUI I selected 'system state' only but
this seems to include all files instead of just necessary system
files/registry hives (I canceled while it was still bust racking up more
than 60000 files).