Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] How to make incremental backups consider their own pool ONLY?

2010-04-30 23:42:22
Subject: [Bacula-users] How to make incremental backups consider their own pool ONLY?
From: David Young <david AT prophecy.net DOT nz>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sat, 01 May 2010 15:03:20 +1200
Hello fellow Bacula users,

I'm using disk-based backups, with a separate storage resource for
daily,weekly, and monthly backup pools.

I'm trying to implement a backup scheme as follows:

Daily rotation of 6 backups, incremental to the previous _daily_ backup
Weekly rotation of 6 backups, incremental to the previous _weekly_ backup
Monthly rotation of 12 backups, incremental to the previous _monthly_ backup

I tried to do this as follows:

Schedule {
  Name = "dailyweeklymonthly"
  Run = Pool=daily Storage=daily Level=Incremental on sat-thu at 23:05
  Run = Pool=weekly Storage=weekly Level=Incremental on Friday at 23:05
  Run = Pool=monthly Storage=monthly Level=Incremental on 1 at 23:05
}

.. but it seems that what happens is that my monthly incremental backup
only backs up files changed since the most recent backup, which in my
case, was 2 hours ago on my daily backup!

Is there any way, without creating 3 sets of backup jobs for each
client, to accomplish what I'm after?

Many thanks,
David