Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] LONG: Possible cause(s) when restore jobs are OK in bconsole, but no files are written to restore dir

2010-04-25 03:50:20
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] LONG: Possible cause(s) when restore jobs are OK in bconsole, but no files are written to restore dir
From: Avi Rozen <avi.rozen AT gmail DOT com>
To: Holger Rauch <holger.rauch AT empic DOT de>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 10:47:10 +0300
Holger Rauch wrote:
> 9,924 files selected to be restored.
>
> Run Restore job
> JobName:         Common restore procedure
> Bootstrap:
> /usr/local/bacula5/var/bacula/working/nathan-dir.restore.5.bsr
> Where:           /backup/restores
> Replace:         always
> FileSet:         restore fileset
> Backup Client:   QNAP
> Restore Client:  QNAP
> Storage:         nathan-sd
> When:            2010-04-24 20:29:31
> Catalog:         MyCatalog
> Plugin Options:  *None*
> OK to run? (yes/mod/no):
> yes
> Job queued. JobId=25
>
> ===
>
> (/backup/restores is NFS-mounted on nathan from the QNAP host, and the
> bacula user can store files there; I verified this doing a "touch
> <file_name>" at the prompt. The .bsr file exists and is readable as
> well).

[snipped]

> Any idea as to how I can debug this further (better yet, how can I
> find out where my files have gone)?

The "where" directory points to a path at the restore client machine,
i.e. I believe that the files were restored to /backup/restores on the
QNAP. I'm also guessing that the NFS mounted /backup/restores directory
does not point to that remote directory (or is not mounted at all...)

I might be guessing wrong, but it's easy to check ... (-:

Avi