Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Full and Incremental backup to different location

2010-04-23 08:35:41
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Full and Incremental backup to different location
From: Matija Nalis <mnalis+bacula AT CARNet DOT hr>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 14:14:10 +0200
On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 12:06:12PM -0400, Phil Stracchino wrote:
> That's looking much better.  One suggestion, though - Move your Pool
> overrides from the Schedule to the Job or JobDefs, like this:
>
> Schedule {
>   Name = "Default"
>   Run = Level=Full 1st sun at 2:05
>   Run = Level=Incremental mon-fri at 2:05
> }
>
> JobDefs {
>   [...]
>   Pool = File
>   Incremental Pool = File
>   Differential Pool = File
>   Full Pool = Tape
> }
>
> Pool overrides in the Schedule resource have been deprecated (but, for
> backward compatibility, not removed) because they do not work properly
> when a Job is promoted to a higher level because of a missing or failed

One somewhat unrelated question; is it possible to do the following
using the new scheme ?

- backup daily incremental in pool Pool-Daily
- backup weekly differential in pool Pool-Daily
- backup feb-dec once a month full in pool Pool-Monthly
- backup once a year (jan) full in pool Pool-Yearly

What we're trying to do is extend standard backup policy (daily=inc,
weekly=dif, monthly=full) with an full backup which would go once a
year in a separate pool (and would have a very long rentention like
15+ years, or even never expire but get larger and larger) in order a
have a very coarse historical archive (something like "offline"
www.archive.or )

Or is the old scheme with pool being specified in Schedule still the
only/prefered way to acomplish that ?