Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] bcopy fails: "No Volume name given"

2010-04-22 13:06:20
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] bcopy fails: "No Volume name given"
From: ganiuszka <ganiuszka AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 19:02:27 +0200
Thomas Mueller wrote:
> hi
>
> i'm failing to use the bcopy utility. I want to copy from tape to disk. i
> keeps
> telling me, that "No Volume name" is given (see log output below)
>
> somebody maybe know what's going wrong? bacula is version 5.0.1 on debian.
>
> - Thomas
>

> # bcopy -v -c /etc/bacula/bacula-sd.conf -i000035L4 -oCOPY000035L4
> SuperLoader3-LTO4 FileStorage

Hi,

You used wrong devices. Bcopy and most other bacula tools operating on
devices (for example: btape, bscan, bls) use a device path (defined in
the Archive Device directive from the Device resource) in a command line.

You can use somethings like that:

bcopy -v -c /etc/bacula/bacula-sd.conf -i 000035L4 -o COPY000035L4
/dev/nst0 /srv/FileStorage

if your tape drive device is /dev/nst0 of course.

Regards
gani