Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Problems using bscan to put Files back in catalog ?

2010-04-22 06:08:52
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Problems using bscan to put Files back in catalog ?
From: Martin Simmons <martin AT lispworks DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 11:04:15 +0100

> On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 08:31:19PM +0100, Martin Simmons wrote:
> > > Which all ended with info like (with different non-zero numbers of
> > > course) :
> > >
> > > Records added or updated in the catalog:
> > >       1 Media
> > >       1 Pool
> > >       2 Job
> > > 8992911 File
> > >
> > > So I guessed it should be ready to go. I started bacula again, run
> > > the restore -- but again I got dreaded "For one or more of the JobIds
> > > selected, no files were found, so file selection is not possible"
> > > error.
> >
> > What is the value in the Job.PurgedFiles column for those JobIds?  If it is
> > 1,
> > then Bacula will ignore the file entries.
>
> Thanks Martin!
>
> That is indeed the case - Job 10553 (the Full backup from tape
> 783AHNL2) indeed has PurgedFiles=1 (all other Differental/Incremental
> jobs have 0).
>
> I can of course update it manually in mysql, but is that the correct
> way to go?

Yes, in this case I think that it is best option.  You could check that all
files have been added to the File table.  I.e. these two should be equal:

select count(*) from file where jobid=10553;
select jobfiles from job where jobid=10553;

>            And why did that happen, shouldn't bscan have updated
> Job.PurgedFiles column too (one would guess if you restore catalog
> information using bscan, you actually want it to be useable) ?

Yes, it looks like a bug in bscan.  You could report it at
http://bugs.bacula.org/.

__Martin