Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Problems using bscan to put Files back in catalog ?

2010-04-22 05:10:38
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Problems using bscan to put Files back in catalog ?
From: Matija Nalis <mnalis+bacula AT CARNet DOT hr>
To: Martin Simmons <martin AT lispworks DOT com>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 11:07:43 +0200
On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 08:31:19PM +0100, Martin Simmons wrote:
> > Which all ended with info like (with different non-zero numbers of course) :
> >
> > Records added or updated in the catalog:
> >       1 Media
> >       1 Pool
> >       2 Job
> > 8992911 File
> >
> > So I guessed it should be ready to go. I started bacula again, run
> > the restore -- but again I got dreaded "For one or more of the JobIds
> > selected, no files were found, so file selection is not possible"
> > error.
>
> What is the value in the Job.PurgedFiles column for those JobIds?  If it is 1,
> then Bacula will ignore the file entries.

Thanks Martin!

That is indeed the case - Job 10553 (the Full backup from tape
783AHNL2) indeed has PurgedFiles=1 (all other Differental/Incremental
jobs have 0).

I can of course update it manually in mysql, but is that the correct
way to go? And why did that happen, shouldn't bscan have updated
Job.PurgedFiles column too (one would guess if you restore catalog
information using bscan, you actually want it to be useable) ?