Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Laptop backup

2010-04-17 08:01:20
Subject: [Bacula-users] Laptop backup
From: Marco Zancanaro <marco.zanca AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2010 11:13:53 +0200
Hi, i'm in a situation with some desktop computers and some laptop computers. The backup of the desktops works without a problem. But i have some problem with the laptop. I created a job like this:

JobDefs {
  Name = "BackupGiornoSettimanaMese"
  Type = Backup
  Level = Full
  Client = baculaserver-fd
  FileSet = "Full Set"
  Messages = Standard
  Storage = File
  Pool = Giornaliero
  Schedule = "MeseSettimanaGiorno"
}

Job {
  Name = "Virtual2Backup"
  Client = virtual2-fd
  JobDefs = "BackupGiornoSettimanaMese"
  Write Bootstrap = "/var/lib/bacula/Virtual2.bsr"
}

But if the laptop is not connected in the network (e.g. someone take it outside the building o disconnects the cable) then i've a error message like this:

15-Apr 10:50 baculaserver-dir JobId 20: Warning: bsock.c:123 Could not connect t
o Client: virtual2-fd on 192.168.1.101:9102. ERR=No route to host
Retrying ...

That makes perfect sense. Bacula tries 4-5 times and then gives up. But what if i want to do a backup as soon as the laptop is connected to the network, but i also want that respects the schedule i've already written in bacula-director.conf? I have a daily job and i want that the backup on the laptop it's done only one time in a day, if it's connected

Regards,
Marco Zancanaro