Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Fatal error: backup.c:892 Network send error to SD. ERR=Connection reset by peer

2010-04-12 10:02:53
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Fatal error: backup.c:892 Network send error to SD. ERR=Connection reset by peer
From: Matija Nalis <mnalis+bacula AT CARNet DOT hr>
To: Jon Schewe <jpschewe AT mtu DOT net>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 16:00:04 +0200
On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 08:45:36AM -0500, Jon Schewe wrote:
> On 4/12/10 8:39 AM, Matija Nalis wrote:
> > echo 60 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_keepalive_time
> >
> > (or edit /etc/sysctl.d/* or /etc/sysctl.conf to retain value across
> > reboots). Can you try what "netstat -to" says after you lower that
> > limit and rerun backups ?
> >
> Now I see the timer down where I expect it. Should I only need this on
> the client?

If only that client is having timeout timeout problems, than yes (as
I understand your Director and SD are on same server, so you should
not have timeout issues there as no networking is involved).

(SO_KEEPALIVE will work even with only one side of connection having
it enabled).

> > If "netstat -to" then reports smaller timers (60 or less), than it
> > should fix your problem, so you can try turning accurate back to yes.
> >
> > Does that help ?
>
> It's running, I'll know in a couple of hours.

Good, let us know how it fares.

--
Matija Nalis
Odjel racunalno-informacijskih sustava i servisa

Hrvatska akademska i istrazivacka mreza - CARNet
Josipa Marohnica 5, 10000 Zagreb
tel. +385 1 6661 616, fax. +385 1 6661 766
www.CARNet.hr