Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] FileSet options: exclude compressions for some "filetypes"?

2010-04-09 03:34:38
Subject: [Bacula-users] FileSet options: exclude compressions for some "filetypes"?
From: Administrator <admin AT bbs1emden DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2010 09:31:43 +0200
Hi,
i use USB-disks for backing up my server and a few clients. The full
backups do not run overnigth (21h to 6h). I assume that this is due to
the time needed for compression. The average compression rate is at a
mere 30% because of the multi media files (many movies). Is it possible
to exclude some filetypes from compression? Or did anybody try to use a
parallel working version of gzip/bzip?

Thanks a lot
Malte Müller

Config: