Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] [Bacula-devel] Idea/suggestion for dedicated disk-based sd

2010-04-08 21:22:23
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] [Bacula-devel] Idea/suggestion for dedicated disk-based sd
From: "Gary R. Schmidt" <grs AT mcleod-schmidt.id DOT au>
To: bacula-devel AT lists.sourceforge DOT net, bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2010 11:13:39 +1000
On Fri, April 9, 2010 05:09, Richard Scobie wrote:
[snip]
> You may find the XFS mount directive, "filestreams" of benefit here.

And using the 64-bit XFS will also better[1] than the standard 32-bit XFS.
 Or the hybrid 32-bit XFS using 64-bit layout rules.  (Damn, I only left
SGI at the end of 2008 and I've already forgotten all the stuff I used to
know about the inner machinations of XFS!!  (I wasn't an XFS developer, I
started on CXFS and ended up in QA for the NAS/CXFS/XFS stuff))

And, in re ZFS, there is no "posix_fallocate" equivalent in S10 (that I
can find).  There may be one in OpenSolaris, but I dunno.

        Cheers,
                Gary    B-)

1 - Oh, so, so, so much better than the pathetically choked whimpering
little rodent that is 32-bit XFS.  Switching to the 64-bit layout as the
default was prevented because the Linux "stat" system call could not
safely handle 64-bit inodes.  Lusers.