Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] KeepAlive parameter for Control connection between FD and DIR?

2010-04-08 05:44:00
Subject: [Bacula-users] KeepAlive parameter for Control connection between FD and DIR?
From: "M. Sébastien LELIEVRE" <sebastien.lelievre AT aznetwork DOT fr>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2010 11:12:06 +0200
Greetings,

Running Bacula 3.0.3,
Is there a KeepAlive parameter for the Control Connection between FileDaemon and Director during a Backup/Restore operation?

Thing is, We are saving a server across an appliance. The Bacula Director is not the Storage Daemon.
So, The Director opens a Control Connection with the File Daemon (the server across the Appliance)
The File Daemon sends its files across the appliance to the Storage Daemon, which is not the same server as the Bacula Director's.
The Control Connection between the Director and the File Daemon is inactive as long as the tranfert between the File Daemon and the Storage Daemon isn't over.
The Appliance automaticaly resets TCP connections that are inactive since 1800 seconds (30 mins)
By doing so, the Control Connection between the File Daemon and the Director is broken. Operation running fails.

I cannot modify the "Reset inactive TCP connection" on the Appliance. So how can I preserve the control connection between Director and File Daemon?

Best Regards from France,
--
Cordialement

Sébastien LELIEVRE
AZNetwork
40 rue Ampère
61000 ALENÇON
+33 (0)2 33 32 12 47
sebastien.lelievre AT aznetwork DOT fr
Pour respecter l’environnement, merci de n’imprimer que si nécessaire.