Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] client rejected Hello command

2010-04-07 10:42:30
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] client rejected Hello command
From: Matija Nalis <mnalis+bacula AT CARNet DOT hr>
To: Roland Roberts <roland AT astrofoto DOT org>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2010 16:40:06 +0200
On Tue, Apr 06, 2010 at 05:52:54PM -0400, Roland Roberts wrote:
> When the client is run in the foreground in verbose mode, I get this from the
> client:
>
> archos-fd: cram-md5.c:73-0 send: auth cram-md5
> <1018903137.1269886223@archos-fd>  ssl=0
> archos-fd: cram-md5.c:152-0 sending resp to challenge:
> a9/LnX1KKQ/Gj6+qd++t1B

that is strange. Looking at the code, if you get this far, one of the
3 things should happen:

a) timeout or socket error, in which case it would have printed
   "Receive chanllenge response failed. ERR=%s", or

b) authorization succeeds (it receives "1000 OK auth") in which case
   nothing is printed and cram_md5_respond returns true, or

c) authorization fails, and "Received bad response: %s" is printed

As nothing is printed, one could only assume the authorization
succeeded, but things stopped somewhere afterwards.

Can you raise debug level (say, -d200) on both the director and FD
(and maybe even on SD, just in case) and send output of that ?