Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Poor Performance

2010-04-07 10:12:53
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Poor Performance
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: Il Neofita <asteriskmail AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2010 10:10:47 -0400
> Yes I am using a tape but should not be the tape
> 07-Apr 00:36 angel-sd JobId 1443: Despooling elapsed time = 00:02:34,
> Transfer rate = 75.16 M bytes/second
>

> this is with a full backup
>
>  FD Files Written:       2,878,988
>  SD Files Written:       2,878,988
>  FD Bytes Written:       248,635,057,283 (248.6 GB)
>  SD Bytes Written:       249,102,272,590 (249.1 GB)
>  Rate:                   18745.1 KB/s
>
> On my mind I was hoping something around 30KB/s

You mean 30MB/s.

I get 20 to 35MB/s for full backups with LTO2 from a raid5 array to a
LTO2 autochanger that is not on the same machine as the raid.

It looks like you have an LTO3 changer by the 75MB/s since that is a
little low for LTO4 however you named the drive LTO4Driver so I assume
its LTO4. I would expect despools of 100MB/s to 120MB/s for LTO4.

I would first look to optimize your filesystem performance as this
appears to be where the problem is. Is your spooling drive the same as
your source data drive? That would kill performance.

John