Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Client not showing up in "Defined Clients" forrestore job

2010-04-02 09:53:44
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Client not showing up in "Defined Clients" forrestore job
From: "Timo Neuvonen" <timo-news AT tee-en DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2010 16:50:56 +0300
"Sean Carolan" <scarolan AT gmail DOT com> kirjoitti viestissä
news:y2l277020fc1004010949mb18054fft949e21a550482439 AT mail.gmail DOT com...
> I'm attempting to restore files from one client onto another client.
> The new client has never had a backup job run, I just added it to the
> bacula-dir.conf file today.  I tried reloading all the bacula daemons
> but the new client does not show up on the list of Defined Clients.  I
> expected it to show up as #5, called "dbrac10".
>
> Defined Clients:
>     1: aus02fstore2
>     2: caesium
>     3: eagle
>     4: dbrac20
>
> How can I get this new client to show up on the list so I can restore
> files to it?
>
> thanks

Not an answer yet, but was the cut of "Defined Clients" above from a restore
command? Have you tried what "status client" does, for example? I think at
least it has found new clients at once... even without any jobs run at all.
So I was trying to figure out if there still could be some problem with the
conf...

If it really is because of no prior backup job from that client, you could
try running a "dummy" backup with very minimal fileset first.

--
TiN