Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Same file, same job, backed up two or three times

2010-04-02 06:25:14
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Same file, same job, backed up two or three times
From: Gabor Heja <kakaopor2725 AT stdio DOT hu>
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2010 12:05:38 +0200
Hi Kevin,

The directories should be backed up recursively, so you do not need to
specify each directory (/boot, /var, ...) inside it. You would need to
specify the directories only when you have more than one filesystems
mounted and have specified the "onefs=yes" inside "Options{}".

So in your case the /var/log/messages is backed up three times because of
these rules:
 File = /
 File = /var
 File = /var/log

The first one would be enough for your whole system.

Regards,
 Gabor

Ps. sorry for the duplicate e-mail, I have not cc-ed the list before.