Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Multiple drives in changer

2010-04-02 04:47:26
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Multiple drives in changer
From: Matija Nalis <mnalis+bacula AT CARNet DOT hr>
To: Robert LeBlanc <robert AT leblancnet DOT us>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2010 10:44:52 +0200
On Thu, Apr 01, 2010 at 08:49:43AM -0600, Robert LeBlanc wrote:
> I have two LTO-3 drives in a changer and three LTO-3 pools. Earlier version
> of Bacula would try to use an empty drive before unloading a drive when a
> tape from a different pool was requested. I used to also be able to run in
> parallel migration jobs from two different pools at the same time. Since
> moving to 5.0.1, my second drive goes unused. Is there some change in the
> code that prevents this behavior?

I think you need to set
Prefer Mounted Volumes = no

to get old behaviour (maximum parallelism).

Note however that it might lead to deadlocks (or at least, it could
in the past... don't know if that was fixed).

--
Matija Nalis
Odjel racunalno-informacijskih sustava i servisa

Hrvatska akademska i istrazivacka mreza - CARNet
Josipa Marohnica 5, 10000 Zagreb
tel. +385 1 6661 616, fax. +385 1 6661 766
www.CARNet.hr