Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Multiple drives in changer

2010-04-01 11:49:50
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Multiple drives in changer
From: Robert LeBlanc <robert AT leblancnet DOT us>
To: "bacula-users (anglais)" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2010 09:47:44 -0600
On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 8:49 AM, Robert LeBlanc <robert AT leblancnet DOT us> wrote:
I have two LTO-3 drives in a changer and three LTO-3 pools. Earlier version of Bacula would try to use an empty drive before unloading a drive when a tape from a different pool was requested. I used to also be able to run in parallel migration jobs from two different pools at the same time. Since moving to 5.0.1, my second drive goes unused. Is there some change in the code that prevents this behavior?

Well, I'm not sure where the inconsistencies are, but I started migrating our Daily pool from disk to tape and it unloaded the Weekly pool tape that was already loaded, then it loaded a Daily tape and ran a few migration jobs. I then run the Weekly migration job and when the daily migration job that was running finished, it unloaded the Daily tape from Drive 1 and loaded it into Drive 2 then loaded a Weekly tape into Drive 1 and is going on it's merry way running both jobs at once. I'm not sure why there is all the changing going on.

Robert LeBlanc
Life Sciences & Undergraduate Education Computer Support
Brigham Young University