Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Encryption slow down

2010-03-30 18:31:01
Subject: [Bacula-users] Encryption slow down
From: William Taylor <williamt AT corp.sonic DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 14:44:27 -0700
Before enabling encryption we were getting 118 - 120 MBs throughput to our
LTO-4 tape drive.
With encryption turned on we get 38-39MBs throughput. bacula process is at 98 -
100 % cpu while running.
I tried cutting the key size down to 472bits from 2048bits but it didn't make a
difference.
The machine is a 2.3 Ghz quad core xeon w/ 12GB of ram.
Everything is ran on one machine. (dir,fd,etc..)

Any ideas whats up or how I can improve speed of backups w/ encryption enabled?

Thanks,
  William