Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Bacula-5.0.1 with self-signed certificates

2010-03-15 21:12:03
Subject: [Bacula-users] Bacula-5.0.1 with self-signed certificates
From: Lamp Zy <lampzy AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 18:08:26 -0700
I have bacula-5.0.1 compiled with openssl support and installed on
CentOS5.4(32bit).

All bacula daemons run on the same server - director, storage and file
daemon. I can successfully backup local files and directories.

The problem is when I try to setup tls encryption (at some point I'll
backup systems over the network). The error I'm getting is:
   ERR=18:self signed certificate

In bacula-dir.conf:
----
Client {
   Name = backupserver.domain.com-fd
   Address = backupserver.domain.com
   # Request encrypted communication with the client
   TLS Enable = yes
   TLS Require = yes
   TLS CA Certificate File = /etc/pki/tls/certs/cert.pem
   TLS Certificate = /etc/pki/tls/certs/backupserver.domain.com.crt
   TLS Key = /etc/pki/tls/certs/backupserver.domain.com.key
}

In bacula-fd.conf:
----
Director {
   Name = backupserver.domain.com-dir
   # Request encrypted communication with the server
   TLS Enable = yes
   TLS Require = yes
   TLS Verify Peer = yes
   TLS Allowed CN = "backupserver.domain.com"
   TLS CA Certificate File = /etc/pki/tls/certs/cert.pem
   TLS Certificate = /etc/pki/tls/certs/backupserver.domain.com.crt
   TLS Key = /etc/pki/tls/certs/backupserver.domain.com.key
}

Here is the full message on the console:
----
15-Mar 16:47 backupserver.domain.com-dir JobId 0: Error: tls.c:92 Error
with certificate at depth: 0, issuer = /C=US/ST=California/L=San
Diego/O=MyORG/OU=DEP/CN=backupserver.domain.com/emailAddress=someemail@address,
subject = /C=US/ST=California/L=San
Diego/O=UCSD/OU=CSE/CN=backupserver.domain.com/emailAddress=someemail@address,
ERR=18:self signed certificate
15-Mar 16:47 backupserver.domain.com-dir JobId 0: Fatal error: TLS
negotiation failed with FD at "backupserver.domain.com:9102".

Is it possible to use self-signed certificates with Bacula?
What am I doing wrong?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks