Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Force serialization only for a subset of hosts ?

2010-03-09 11:17:30
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Force serialization only for a subset of hosts ?
From: Matija Nalis <mnalis+bacula AT carnet DOT hr>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 17:13:47 +0100
On Tue, Mar 09, 2010 at 10:10:38AM -0500, Phil Stracchino wrote:
> On 03/09/10 09:06, Matija Nalis wrote:
> > Unfortunately, we're backing up to several LTO drives, and as far as
> > I've seen so far it seems that the tapes don't like being shared by
> > several storage devices (or can bacula 5.x now handle that OK ?)
>
> You're correct, you can only have one Storage device pointed at a tape
> drive.  So that idea won't work.
>
> Do you have enough disk to spool A and B jobs to disk, then migrate them
> to tape?

No, unfortunately.

While the available ~100G of free space might contain several incremental
jobs from groups A and B, it wouldn't be able to contain all of them (much
less all of the full backups in A+B -- it couldn't contain even one of the
bigger full backups at ~300G)

--
Matija Nalis
Odjel racunalno-informacijskih sustava i servisa

Hrvatska akademska i istrazivacka mreza - CARNet
Josipa Marohnica 5, 10000 Zagreb
tel. +385 1 6661 616, fax. +385 1 6661 766
www.CARNet.hr