Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Problem copying jobs

2010-03-06 16:52:00
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Problem copying jobs
From: Peter Allgeyer <peter.allgeyer AT salzburgresearch DOT at>
To: Arno Lehmann <al AT its-lehmann DOT de>
Date: Sat, 06 Mar 2010 22:49:10 +0100
Am Samstag, den 06.03.2010, 22:12 +0100 schrieb Arno Lehmann:

> Unfortunately, I don't know if you'll be able to learn anything useful
> from smartctl or badblocks if you're running more than a single FC
> disk... anything in a managed storage system should behave error-free
> to the outside, and do all error handling and -correction internally.

You're right.

> Good luck analyzing anyway, and if you find reasons to believe this is
> really Bacula-related I'd be glad to see the bug report and eventual
> fix :-)

Hmm, don't know really where to look at, but will set "Maximum
Volume Files" back to "1", to see if there's a problem with concurrent
jobs writing to a single file.

Best regards,
  P. Allgeyer

--
Peter Allgeyer          Salzburg|Research Forschungsgesellschaft mbH
Dipl.-Inform. Univ.                     Jakob-Haringer-Strasse 5/III