Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] HELP - Bacula 5.0.0 migration jobs not honoring retention period

2010-03-06 11:20:26
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] HELP - Bacula 5.0.0 migration jobs not honoring retention period
From: John Jorgensen <jorgnsn AT lcd.uregina DOT ca>
To: Robert LeBlanc <robert AT leblancnet DOT us>
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2010 10:02:25 -0600

    robert> My backups are honoring retention time just fine and
    robert> are creating new volumes as needed, but I still need
    robert> help with these failed migrations.

Here are my notes from a couple of years ago (when we were
migrating some old DLT archive tapes onto our new LTO3 tape
library):

  I had to create temporary definitions for some Job and Client
  definitions which we don't use anymore, and I needed to change
  the type of some Job records from 'M' to 'B' so I could retry
  them after goofing up previous attempts.

I don't remember the details, but I imagine I started up psql and
manually ran a query similar to:

  UPDATE Job SET STATUS = 'B' FROM Job WHERE STATUS = 'M' AND  ... ;

Where the "..." would be filled by criteria identifying the
particular jobs you want to re-migrate (the straightforward
choice would be to run one query for each job, and specify the
JobId or Job field explicitly, e.g.:

  UPDATE Job SET STATUS = 'B' FROM Job WHERE STATUS = 'M'
   AND JOB = 'Migrate_Job.2010-03-03_15.37.30';

I don't create SQL queries often, so my sketch above might
include syntax errors, but the general idea of changing the job
status from 'M' back to 'B' worked.

We were running bacula 2.4.3 at the time, so it's conceivable that the
catalog's indicators for distinguishing migrated from unmigrated
jobs might have changed since then.

--
John Jorgensen  LCD System Administrator