Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] HELP - Bacula 5.0.0 migration jobs not honoring retention period

2010-03-04 10:43:04
Subject: [Bacula-users] HELP - Bacula 5.0.0 migration jobs not honoring retention period
From: Robert LeBlanc <robert AT leblancnet DOT us>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2010 08:40:44 -0700
I've set up some migration jobs from tapes that had errors and were
not using full capacity to disk so that I could migrate them back. I
started these jobs using bacula 3.x then upgraded in the middle. I've
set the disk pool to have a retention period of 1 month 7 days and
there were two volumes from when 3.x created them. Over night last
night, these two volumes have been purged and recycled 5 times instead
of having new volumes created. There is plenty of space left on the
disk and there is no volume number restriction.

All my tapes are showing that all the jobs are migrated, so it won't
remigrate the jobs. The data on the tapes are still there. Please
advise on why the retention period was not honored and how to
remigrate the jobs.

Storage {
  Name = DD-tmp
  Address = bacsd0.byu.edu
  Password = "secretpassword"
  Media Type = DD-tmp
  Device = DD-tmp
  Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 8
}

Pool {
  Name = DD-tmp
  Pool Type = Backup
  LabelFormat = "tmp-"
  Recycle = yes
  AutoPrune = yes
  Storage = DD-tmp
  Volume Retention = 37 days
#  Use Volume Once = yes
  Maximum Volume Bytes = 100G
}

Job {
  Name = "Redo_454FLX"
  Type = Migrate
  Level = Full
  Client = 454datarig-fd
  FileSet = "FULL Windows"
  Messages = Standard
  Pool = 454FLX
  Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 4
  Selection Type = Volume
  Selection Pattern = ".*[2,4]L4"
}

Thanks,

Robert LeBlanc
Life Sciences & Undergraduate Education Computer Support
Brigham Young University