Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] migrating mysql to postfix.

2010-03-01 06:42:00
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] migrating mysql to postfix.
From: JanJaap Scholing <janjaapscholing AT hotmail DOT com>
To: <bruno AT ioda-net DOT ch>, <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2010 12:39:00 +0100
Hi Bruno,

Some questions about your migration from mysql to postgres.

> We have done this with the help of this simple and stupid script
> Be sure to have the exact same level of database ( we have upgraded a 2x version to a 3x version)
> so we put a new temp mysql bacula db, upgrade it to the level 10 and make the dump from there.

The script noted below is used on a level 10 bacula database?

I thought that bacula 3x was a level 11 database?

Should this script work on a level 11 database?

After the migration to postgres did you also resequence the tables as noted in the manual of bacula:

http://www.bacula.org/manuals/en/catalog/catalog/Installi_Configur_PostgreS.html#SECTION00450000000000000000

Thanks and regards

Jan Jaap

> Hope this help you a bit, (it's certainly too late 4 days later)
>
> #!/bin/sh
>
> TABLES="BaseFiles CDImages Client Counters Device File FileSet Filename Job JobHisto JobMedia Location LocationLog Log Media
> MediaType Path Pool Status Storage UnsavedFiles Version"
>
> for TBL in $TABLES
> do
> echo "Saving Mysql $TBL";
> mysqldump -t -c \
> --compatible=postgresql \
> --skip-quote-names \
> --skip-opt --disable-keys --lock-tables \
> bacula $TBL > $TBL.sql
> # comment below lines if you get some errors
> # We don't do this as we must change some wrong record
> # like a date end having a 0000-00-00 value
> #
> echo "Import postgresql $TBL"
> psql -d bacula -U bacula < $TBL.sql
> echo '--end--'
> echo ""
> done
> echo '-- Finish ! --'
>

> --
>
> Bruno Friedmann

De nieuwe Internet Explorer: sneller, eenvoudiger en veiliger dan ooit Download nu