Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] bacula: enable graphical user intefaces!

2010-03-01 05:24:55
Subject: [Bacula-users] bacula: enable graphical user intefaces!
From: eugene ngontang <eugeneval2002 AT yahoo DOT fr>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2010 02:22:29 -0800 (PST)
Hi all!

I have my unbuntu 9.10 where I want to install bacula, and deploy clients on my computers in my network.

Since the bacula version from source is 2.4.4; I Decided to compile bacula 5.0.0 from source.

When compiling I just use the with-mysql option to install all bacula components and not only the client; the installation went fine. But I didn't use neither enable-bwx-console, nor enable-gnome, nor enable-tray-monitor. The result is that all bacula services is running fine, I an start and stop bacula without problem. However I have no tray monitor, no graphical console, no bacula systray in my computer; and then I can't see backup activities in my network.

I want to use these tools. From "src" folder in my bacxula directory I'm trying to compile wx-console, it doesn't work; even qt-console.

I've compiled bacula-gui package and I'm willing now to install the web console but I want also to use the gnome or wx console.

So Please, I want you guys to help me setting up my bacula graphical interfaces, Is it possible to do that since bacula is already installed and running on my server? Or should I recompile bacula?

Please help complete my installation to sweet with my needs and let me start my backups.

Here is attached a file with the last lines of my bacula details installation.

Thanks for advance,

Eugène