Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Problem restoring files. [SOLVED]

2010-02-25 20:06:39
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Problem restoring files. [SOLVED]
From: Steve Ellis <ellis AT brouhaha DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 17:04:04 -0800
On 2/25/2010 4:28 PM, Erik P. Olsen wrote:
> I've changed the server IP-address in the storage resource to a host name and
> the windows client didn't know how to resolve that. Changing it back to
> IP-address solved the problem.
>
> I wonder if Windows Vista uses a host name resolution file which could be used
> to translate the host name into an IP-address?

If you have a DNS server, you can point Vista at it and it would work
(and who doesn't have a DNS server--I have one at my house!).  However,
based on a quick googling, vista does support a hosts file, based on
what I found, it seems that the hosts file is in
WINDOWS\System32\drivers\etc\HOSTS, but requires elevated privilege to edit.

-se