Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Re : Bacula: Implementation!

2010-02-02 14:35:07
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Re : Bacula: Implementation!
From: Phil Stracchino <alaric AT metrocast DOT net>
To: eugene ngontang <eugeneval2002 AT yahoo DOT fr>
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2010 14:32:07 -0500
On 02/02/10 12:24, eugene ngontang wrote:

> Thanks Phil for your great response!
>
> Then Do I have the choice about the OS to be installed on my storage
> machines? I mean can I install either windows or linux on the storage
> computer? Can I do the same for the client machines?

The clients can be any OS supported as clients.

My understanding is that the Director is BEING ported to Windows, but
should not be considered ready for production on Windows yet.

I don't know offhand which of these is the case for the Storage daemon,
but if in doubt, assume the second.  I personally would not use Windows
as a Bacula server OS.

In my own personal configuration, I'm running my Director and Catalog on
Solaris 10, one storage daemon on Solaris 10 and one on Gentoo Linux,
and clients currently on Linux, Solaris, OpenBSD, Windows 2000, and
Windows XP.  When I can make time to get around to it, I intend to add
several Max OSX clients as well.

> Where and how do I configure the IP adresses or network names for the
> machines to be managed?

One assumes you have a nameserver.  The various resources in the
configuration files that have an Address directive will accept either a
hostname or a raw IP address in that directive.

> And now for the language, please how should I proceed to set my backup
> system for exemple in french?

I'm sorry, I don't understand the question.

co.ordinate DOT org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.